Sunday, November 18, 2007

so much of relativity

Success. Every single being on earth want to be successful in all aspects. However, success itself is a relative term. My definition of success is more likely than not to be different from yours. As it occur to most of relative terms, nobody can be so wrong after all.

Our definition of success is like our system of belief. It is shaped by our environment; how we were brought up, who are we living with, where do we get our education, so on so forth... Thus, each of us can come up with our very own definition of success. Some people even have specific definition for specific areas of life namely their career, family, social life, spiritual development and health.

So, how good it can be to be able to define success? Or, is it so bad to be undecided over what we precisely want in the future? A competitive game like soccer would be an overused example. You can't decide where to kick the ball if you don't even know where the goalpost is. The audiences as well as the players won't be who won and who had lost. Furthermore, the game will not be as fun as it can be when the score can be counted. See, it's not so bad to have some sort of measurement.

Life is a game after all. The game that you play against yourself. Your family, your friends, your boss, the traffic jam, the deadlines, the rain etc etc are all here to make the game worthwhile. It's a generous game as you can enjoy whatever you score even before the game is over.

I choose to enjoy this game that I'm playing. And I welcome those who want to add fun for me to experience. And, I want to win, my own way...

My game, my rule, my victory... ah, whatever it may takes!

One half of knowing what you want is knowing what you must give up before you get it. ~Sidney Howard

No comments:

Post a Comment

says