Sunday, November 25, 2007

mismatched ideas

I was shadowing Mr Flynn, consultant in urology, in his clinic last week. In between patient, he turned to me an ask casually, "so, what's your ambition?"

I was, huh? What did I heard? Doesn't he know that I'm in my third year of medical school? "Sorry? What do you mean?" I chose to ask.

"Yeah, what are you going to be when you grow up?" Again? Am I a child?

"I mean, are you going to be a doctor or something else..." he continued.

The doors are still open. We are not dictated by the position or situation we are in, we make use of the present to create our dream future. Don't lock up ourselves in an open field. The toughest walls are in our heads. If we can't even control our whims, we tend to lose control of ourselves. But, it is not something then take over ourselves... I believe it is just our neglected potential just flew further and further...

Yes, the road to success is dotted with many tempting parking places. If we fail to keep going on, fight the devil in our mind, we'll end up giving up for a cheap bargain. Ah, if only we see the value of finishing the race...

The difference between perseverance and obstinacy is that one comes from a strong will, and the other from a strong won't. ~Henry Ward Beecher

No comments:

Post a Comment

says